The week before the wedding we took a "pre honeymoon." (Don't worry....we were full chaperoned the WHOLE time) We had the awesome opportunity to go on trips with each of our families. The first part of the week we got to go camping with the Blacks. Most of Dan's siblings were in town and we had so much fun. My parents gave us a tent for a shower gift and we had to practice setting it up in Rich and Kathy's back yard before we left.
We drove up separately because we needed to stop by our apartment to drop off some stuff. Once we finished up with everything at the apartment, we were ready to head to Bear Lake. We pulled out of the complex and Dan's car started making really funny noises. We decided to go to a mechanics just to be safe, and as we were pulling into the shop the power steering went out! Not what we wanted. We ended up having to leave the car in Bountiful, get a ride back to SLC to get my car, go back to Bountiful, transfer all of our stuff from Dan's car to my car. Definitely not what we wanted to happen, but we are so glad we were not on the freeway when it happened, and that we have 2 cars.
We had a beautiful drive through Logan canyon, singing songs, talking and just enjoying each other's company. Right when we got to Garden City, we had to stop for a raspberry shake at Le Beau's! Best decision of the whole trip! We continued on to find Dan's family. As we were pulling into the campground we had a rare sighting of the Bear Lake Monster. I know lots of people think its not real, but I tell you....we saw it!
We spent the whole trip on the beach, camping, boating and just hanging out. I had so much fun getting to know Dan's siblings better. I loved camping, even though I had to have my own tent! I loved being able to spend so much uninterrupted time with Dan too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment