July 14, 2012

Tahoe - Day 3

On Saturday we wanted a good breakfast before we went on our hike. We decided to stop somewhere on our way. I saw Heidi's full parking lot and knew that we had to eat there. It was such a cute little Swiss restaurant. The plates reminded me of my grandma's house. The food was delicious and filled us up! 




We drove back to Emerald Bay to do some hiking. We both love being outside so we were ready to go. 


Sadly, our "hike" consisted of a paved road 90% of the way, so we ran down half of it to get our heart rate up. I love how you can see the different shades of blue when you are on the shore!!


In Emerald Bay there is an old house called Vikingsholm. It was built in 1929 by a wealthy English woman who wanted a Scandinavian style house, thatched roof and all! It had beautiful detail on it and some really cool architecture. 





We continued on our hike to Lower Eagle Falls. Lots of tourists were at both of these, and luckily we could find someone to take our picture! Dan wanted to scale the rocks straight up the mountain to get back to our car. I had to put my foot down and tell him I didn't want either of us to die in our first week of marriage!
 

That afternoon we we went parasailing. We decided to go 800 ft out from the boat. This was the first time either of us had gone and we were pretty scared! ;)


We had a great crew taking us out on the boat and a family of 4 with us. We sent their teenage boys first, just to make sure the crew knew what they were doing! We got to go second. I forget how much I love being on a boat! It is so much fun to have the wind blowing in your face and cruising on the water!



In our life jackets.....just in case


Getting ready for take off


Starting our accent


It was really noisy when were were starting to go up. But once we were a few hundred feet up, it was so quiet and calm. We looked down, briefly discussed our possible death by falling, but went quickly back to enjoying our ride. You could see so far away. I wish I had a camera with me to take pictures of what we saw, but I know it wouldn't do it any justice!   



That night we decided to go out to sushi. Our first date was to sushi and we though it was very appropriate. The restaurant was called "Off the Hook" and they had the cutest signs. Our sushi was delicious and we had a good time eating it. Dan was even a trooper and finished all of the spicy roll! 




He LOVES sushi! 


1 comment: