Since we are both turning 30 this year, we decided that we needed to do a big trip. We also wanted to get one last big trip in before baby girl comes. We scoured the internet for deals and settled on a trip to Puerto Vallarta!! Dan was excited to go back to Mexico and I was excited to go somewhere tropical! It was all we could do to wait through March and April. I was nervous about leaving my students for 3 days, but knew it would be a trip of a life time.
We flew through Arizona and were so excited to get to Mexico. I was amazed at the flight from AZ to Puerto Vallarta. The people on the flight were the loudest passengers I'd ever heard! They talked the entire flight and the closer we got to Mexico the louder everyone got! I think everyone was so excited to get to paradise!
When we first walked into our beach front hotel, we had an amazing view of the pool and the ocean. There were soooo many palm trees on the property. It was beautiful. We got into the pool and relaxed.
That night we went to the pier right by our hotel for dinner. We ended up running into a tour booking agent who loves Mormons and wanted to give us a great deal. He was hilarious. We ended up getting a steal of a deal on tours, compared to what we found on the internet. We had to pay for them all that night. Unfortunately, we didn't let the bank know that we were leaving the country and they put a freeze on our cards after 2 transactions. Sadly, we didn't have enough money, but luckily Jose was understanding and still booked our adventures. We ended up eating at the hotel for 2 days since we didn't have any money!
Our first adventure we did a bus tour of the city. We were kind of limited on what we could do, since I'm pregnant. We would have loved to do a jeep tour, but it wasn't an option. I was really glad that we were on a bus with shades. We went to The Malecon - which is the main walking path in the city center. There are a lot of vendors and sculptures along the the walk.
The cathedral in the center of town had beautiful architecture. My favorite part was the crown on top!
Our first stop after leaving the city was a tequila factory. It was really cool to see how the entire process takes place. One of my favorite parts was seeing the agave plant before they cut it.
At the end of the tour, they gave everyone at least 6 shots of tequila. They don't ask a lot of questions on the tour, so they didn't worry about age or even the fact that I was pregnant! Dan and I loved watching the 18 year old kid who was with his family. His reaction to every shot was AWESOME!
After the tequila factory, we went to lunch at a location where part of the movie, Predator, was filmed. Dan was shocked that I hadn't seen it, let alone heard of it. He was very excited to see the helicopter!
We still didn't have our bank problem worked out, and unfortunately the restaurant didn't take credit card. It was quite the adventure. Luckily we had just enough to get us a small meal to share. We sat right by the little pond and watched people take turns on the rope swing. Dan couldn't wait to get on. He did a few practice runs, and then went in for a flip! Everyone was impressed!
No comments:
Post a Comment