March 4, 2012

Utah Rugby

Dan played rugby at Highland and at the U. He started his senior year and loved it. He took me to my first rugby match. Even though I went to Highland, I had never been to a rugby match. So, before he picked me up, I search YouTube for "rugby for dummies." I watched the video once, went back to watch it a second time. He laughed at me because I was watching a video. But let me tell you, it helped. I wasn't completely lost during the match. Just mostly!

It was supposed to be a cold day, so I layered up and we went to Rio Tinto stadium. Dan was nice enough to explain things to me while the game was going. I tried to follow, but frequently got confused. I could tell that the U wasn't as good as Cal. They were huge, they were fast, and they were quick to get into position. But it was fun for me to see. The U tied it up with about 20 seconds to go, and sadly, Cal scored a penalty kick that gave them the game. It was fun to go and learn more about the game.


No comments: