February 25, 2012

Color Me Mine

I got a groupon a few weeks ago to Color Me Mine. Dan was a good sport to come with me. He was incredibly excited to put his amazing creative skills to work. (Last time he went, his nieces and nephews projects looked better than his) We invited the Changs to come with us and paint.

When Dan and I started dating, we'd usually end our dates with some hot chocolate. So we settled on BIG cups for our hot chocolate dates. When we were talking to one of the girls working there, she told us that you could put an image on the the cup. I decided on turquoise and red (what I want our wedding color to be at this point) and Dan decided to do a Rastafarian flag with a silhouette of Bob Marley on it. His design was much more ambitious than mine. I taped both our mugs so we could paint in straight lines and we started in. The stripes were the easy part. Dan found a silhouette of Bob and traced it onto his cup He painted the outline and then I helped him fill it in. This was our before picture of the cups.



And here is the after

Dan LOVES his cup. He's like a little kid. I sometimes catch him looking at his cup at his house, like a little kid looking at his art work. It makes him smile, which makes me smile!

No comments: