I wanted the perfect bedding for baby girl. I decided it would be cheaper to make it, because baby bedding is sooo expensive. Plus, half of the girl bedding looks like someone vomited 8 shades of pink in the crib! Its awful. So I searched high and low. I had to find something that Dan would approve of. (He's learning to deal with pink!)
My mom and I have looked at so many stores and nothing really stuck out to me. My mom's neighbor suggested we go to a quilting store in Bountiful to see what they had. I was looking around and found the most adorable owl print. I have loved owls long before they were trendy, because of Kappa. All the owl prints I had seen were super baby-ish or ugly. But I feel in love with the print they had.
I found a bumper at kid to kid for $12 so we recovered it. My mom is a rock star and can work magic when it comes to sewing. We put a red polka dot on back and piped it with a coordinating fabric. It turned out AMAZING!!
My mom has recently started doing a quilt for the kids. She's getting the ones who are coming now, and working to get the older grand kids blankets. There was a darling quilt fabric that came in the same line. It turned out absolutely AMAZING! My mom is so talented and baby girl is one spoiled baby because of all the things grandma is making for her. She also did a smaller blanket with minky on the back. They are so darling! I can't wait to wrap her up in them and snuggle her.
Her room is all set up and ready for her to come. I can not wait to see what she looks like and just hold her!
No comments:
Post a Comment