April 5, 2013

Kidney Check Up

At the 20 week ultrasound, the doctor noticed a little bit of extra fluid in our baby girl's kidneys. The doctor wasn't too worried, but just wanted to follow up. He said it was the smallest amount of "too much" that was possible. They also found a cyst on one of my ovaries. Because of these two things we got to go back in and get another ultrasound. 

Our second visit to see this darling little thing wasn't quite as informative as we had expected. We have gone to IMC for these ultrasounds, so we are dealing with doctors that I have never seen. Our previous tech and doctor at IMC explained everything to us and we loved meeting with them. The second group just didn't talk very much. We walked out slightly confused, but knew that the amount of fluid in her kidneys was the same, but that her kidneys were bigger. (We are taking that as a good sign) It was slightly amusing when the doctor couldn't find my ovary, but later found out that that is pretty typical unless there is a cyst on it. My doctor said everything was good and that we would have one more follow up ultrasound during the 3rd trimester. As confusing as it was, I sure did enjoy seeing her darling little profile again. 

I have been searching high and low for bedding that I like. Heather decided to recover Max's bumper and I was on the hunt for a cheap, used bumper and the perfect fabric. I had been looking all over the place and couldn't find anything I really, really liked. My darling mom had been taking pictures of all different kinds of fabrics, but I wasn't sold on anything. 

Her neighbor, Anne, suggested we go to a fabric store in Bountiful to see what they had. Anne was going to be out there, so she wanted to meet me and let me choose material for a receiving blanket she was going to make for me. I kept walking around looking at fabrics, wondering if I was going to like anything. I saw a pile of fabric on the stairs, all piled up. It was the most darling owl print I had ever seen. I picked up the bolt and clung to it! I was so excited to have something I finally loved.

My mom had helped Heather do her slip cover, so she already knew what to do. I am so glad to have such an amazing and crafty mom. She is a rock star and such a blessing in my life! Couldn't have done it with out her. She made the slipcover fit perfectly! 


1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi pal- we had the same issue with George in utero and it turned out just fine!