December 22, 2011

First Date

Dan and I had been sitting next to each other at our ward white elephant Christmas party. Everyone were cleaning up and getting ready to go, when Dan asked me for my number. I gave it to him, wondering how this was going to turn out. I didn't get out of school until Wednesday of that week and Christmas was on Sunday. He called the next day. 2 times. Within 3 minutes of each other. He left a message the second time, and it was SUPER awkward, explaining why he called twice (way to go Pete!) and that he wanted to take me out.

We went out on Wednesday. Dan wanted to take me to Red Ginger for sushi. While I'm not a big fish fan, I am able to do sushi every once in a while. We ran into Kwousin and Jimmy while we were waiting for our table, and Dan had his first exposure to my family. When we finally were seated, I let Dan order the sushi for us. We could talk so easily. Dan opened up quickly about his past. I was a little surprised that he was talking about it on the first date, but it didn't bother me at all. The sushi was delicious, even the caviar topped one!

When we left dinner, Dan just started driving. I had no clue where he was taking me. We ended up going to the Gateway to pick up a Christmas present for Andrew. Then we headed back to where Dan was house/dog sitting. Dan let Max and Greta out, and I was introduced to the most needy dogs in the world! We ended up just talking for a long time. 

It was so easy to talk to each other. Conversation just flowed. We tried to figure out if we had crossed paths at some point in our lives at Highland, the U, or anywhere else. But we didn't. At the end of the night, I knew that we'd be going out again. I was impressed with everything I had learned about Dan. I could tell immediately that he was a really good person, and I really liked that. 

No comments: