This summer I decided that I wasn't going to go back to work at FJH. Although it was a pretty clear decision for me, once we figured out we could handle it financially, it was an incredibly bitter sweet decision I had to make. When I called my principal to find out what I needed to do, I started crying the second I told him I was quitting. Brent was so fabulous and told me how much he supported me and my decision and how he would miss me. It made me cry even harder. When I hung up, I absolutely lost it. Thankfully, Dan was at home and just hugged me. It was a very emotional moment.
I put my whole heart and soul into my job the past 4 years. I will never forget walking into the building on my first day wondering what I got myself into. I had a challenging first year. I had a tough time with a group of 9th graders but absolutely adored my 7th and 8th graders. They made it possible for me to survive that year. The next three years were fabulous. I had amazing things happen with each group, each year. I was able to connect with "my kids." I found my niche in teaching. I absolutely adored my students. I learned so much from them. I love those kids sooo much.
I made some amazing friends. The group I got in with my first year were just the most amazing support I could have wanted. Ron, Joy, Kim, Natalie, and Lori were so great to hang out. I'm so glad they were in my life. Coach Downs is always everyone's favorite. Shari was one of the biggest blessings I could have asked for. Rose made my days better, gave me the gossip if I needed it, and was always good for a laugh.
I cried leaving the school after cleaning out my room. It was hard to leave and say good bye. I was lucky enough to see some of my favorite friends and say bye. It was an amazing 4 years at FJH and I will always be a Farmington husky at heart. Someday I will be back to whip those pubescent voices into shape!
No comments:
Post a Comment