March 10, 2013

It's A............

I think my students have been more excited to find out what the baby is than Dan or I have. I let them vote on what they thought the baby was going to be. They were so funny. They have such strong opinions on what is going to happen with this baby. They think they get a say on everything - name, gender, name, name, name. They were so excited for this week to come so they could find out what we were having. The vote was that I was going to have a boy, but not by much! 


We went to the doctor after school. It was amazing to see this little thing on the screen. I was amazed at how much the baby was moving, especially since I haven't felt anything. I loved being able to see the baby's arms, legs, hands, and all the other body parts. We asked the lab tech to not tell us what the gender was, but to write it down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope. 

We went to the grocery store and asked the clerk to get 2 balloons, 1 pink and 1 blue. We gave him the envelope and told him to poke holes in the balloon that didn't match the gender written on the card. We went up to my parents to find out! 








We are so excited that we are having a baby girl! All of Dan's brothers have girls first, so we're keeping with the Black family tradition! Can't wait to meet this little lady!

No comments: