My awesome parents gave the whole family another weekend at Sundance. It was so much fun. We stayed at an AMAZING cabin. It had 3.5 floors, a movie theater, sauna, steam room, hot tub, and a whole lot of other things. We were sad to not have the Fishlers with us, but so happy that we all got to be together. We were having so much fun, I forgot to take many pictures.
We started off the weekend at Solider Hollow for some sledding. Dan and I got there a little late, because I had a doctor's appointment. So we only had an hour of sledding, but it was fun. The tracks were pretty slick and everyone got going pretty fast. The kids were hilarious as usual.
Saturday most everyone went skiing or snowboarding. Dan got new skis for the first time since he was a teenager. He was excited to use them. Sadly, I was told - by Dan and my doctor - that I should probably not snowboard anymore. I hung out at the cabin with my sisters in the morning. I was tired of being inside, so after everyone had lunch, I stayed to help Sarah & Madeline snowboard. It was beautiful weather and everyone ended up ditching their jackets.
That night, we did an adults dinner. It was fun going with just adults and hanging out. Heather agreed to take a belly picture with me. We are 6 weeks apart and so excited to have little cousins the same age.
After we got back, we played 'Reverse Charades.' Instead of one person acting and feeling like a fool, everyone acts out and one person guesses. It is now our favorite party game. We were laughing so hard we were crying!
Sunday we had fake church with a sharing time and a couple of spiritual thoughts by my dad. To finish off the day, we had Minute To Win It and Fear Factor. The kids were hilarious with all the disgusting things my mom took up to eat. Bradley was the only one who tried everything. They had baby food, sardines and other gross food. Everyone loved the Minute To Win It games.
We all hiked up to Stewart Falls after we checked out of the cabin. It was a beautiful hike. Everything was covered in snow. The falls were covered in ice. Somehow the water and the light made the ice look blue. The kids hiked up to the high part of the falls and then slid down the mountain several times.
I love that we are on our second round of trips. So grateful for such generous parents and such an awesome family. I love spending so much uninterrupted time with Dan.

No comments:
Post a Comment