For the past several birthdays, I've been saying "twenty-____ is going to be the best year yet!" And each one has. I do think that 29 is going to top all of them! I had so many awesome birthday wishes on Facebook, phone calls, emails, texts, and it was great to feel the love from so many friends and family. I had lots of birthday dinners and lunches with family and friends.
I decided to take the day off from work. The past two years, I've gone on a trip for my birthday, but this year I couldn't, so I got a day to relax. My wonderful roommate Jami made me french toast for breakfast. Its my absolute favorite breakfast, so I was in heaven!
Dan and I had talked about going on a hike, but it rained ALL night. When I woke up, things were starting to dry out, so we decided to risk the mud and go anyway. Plus, going on a hike is WAY more fun than going to the gym. We decided to go hike to the Living Room, which is just above Red Butte Gardens. It has a fantastic view of the valley and is a really cool place. People have built benches, love seats, large chairs out of slab rocks and you can just sit in them to see how beautiful Salt Lake is.
We had a great time on our hike up. Dan had never been to the Living Room before, which meant I was in charge of directions. :) Dan and I can always talk so effortlessly. We talked about dream jobs, memorable birthdays, the stress of finals and year end concerts. We saw some of the snow that had fallen the night before. Its a beautiful hike up, going through trees and having mountains on either side of you.
When we got up to the top, we looked at some of the new "furniture." It was kind of chilly and moderately windy, so we chose a "love seat" and sat down and snuggled up. Dan pulled out my birthday present, my always favorite chocolate covered cinnamon bears! We had a few and he told me that he went to lunch with my dad the day before. He told me that he asked my dad if he could marry me, and that my dad said "equivocally yes!" He pulled a small box out of his bag and gave it to me to unwrap. While I was doing that, he got down on one knee and popped the question. I have known for a while that I am going to marry Dan so of course I said yes! It was getting even windier at this point, so he slipped the ring on and we snuggled up. I was so happy to be with my favorite person, knowing that we are going to be together forever! We snapped a few pictures and headed down because it was sooo cold.
I can't even begin to put into words how blessed I am to have Dan in my life. We have been so blessed as we are preparing to get engaged and married. We have experienced some miracles as we have started everything. Dan is truly the most giving, caring, loving person I have ever met. He is my perfect guy and I am beyond thrilled to spend forever with him!!!! Thank you to everyone for their outpouring of love and support to us as we have started this new journey in our life. We have been touched by how much support we are receiving from everyone.
I can't wait to be Mrs. Kristy Thornton Black!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment